Privacy & data protection policy
Kastho.com (“Kastho Visual Design Katarzyna Thomas”) provides services of design and visual communication and informs customers about new trends in visual content and web design, as well as website optimization. For this purpose, kastho.com needs access to personal and non-personal data relating to its users. This data privacy statement describes which type of data kastho.com processes for which purpose, unless the circumstances make this clear.
Legal bases, changes
In processing its users’ personal data, kastho.com complies with this data privacy statement and all applicable statutory provisions, in specific the Swiss Data Protection Act (Schweizerisches Datenschutzgesetz, DSG). Kastho.com also obliges its staff and any companies that process user data on its behalf to comply with the above provisions.
The range of services offered by kastho.com is subject to continuous expansion. Due to this reason and any other changes in circumstances that may occur, kastho.com may amend this data privacy statement any time and without prior notice. The data privacy statement as last amended and published on the website www.kastho.com shall apply.
What type of data is being collected?
In principle, kastho.com collects all personal data that accumulate when users utilize the services offered by kastho.com (website, apps, etc.) and communicate with kastho.com. These include:
Such data may be linked, possibly over several visits and communications, if a user or a user profile is recognized, for example via a user name, an e-mail address, a device code or cookies saved in the browser.
To some extent the website and apps of kastho.com use elements and services by third parties supplying user statistics that serve to display advertising or give users access to social networks or other third party services. As a consequence, such third parties may, to a certain extent, also collect personal data relating to users of kastho.com, if they recognize them, for example, due to their own cookies or logins. These third parties consist, in specific, of Facebook, Google (Adwords, Google+, Youtube, DoubleClick, user statistics), NetMetrix (user statistics) and Optimizely (user statistics). To protect the privacy of its users, kastho.com respects browser settings which indicate that tracking is unwanted and works exclusively with third parties that also respect such settings (for further information see here for Internet Explorer, Firefox). Where users click on advertisement links or links provided by third party services, they leave the sphere of influence of kastho.com. The latter has no means of controlling any subsequent data collection. In this respect, users must deal with the respective third party.
Which type of data processing takes place?
kastho.com may use the user data collected by it or on its behalf for the following purposes:
- Data entered by users via online forms or apps or otherwise communicated by them while using the services offered by kastho.com (e.g. by telephone or e-mail), including personal data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, sex, means of payment, etc.);
- User data transmitted or generated automatically (e.g. date and time a service was used, previous and current page called up, IP address, data relating to the browser used, device code, current location, if such information is released, etc.) as well as interaction data if accessible without installation of additional programs on the computer (e.g. mouse movements and clicks or keyboard strokes on the website);
- Personal data generated by kastho.com or third parties (e.g. codes, suppliers’ personal services made available by kastho.com);
- Correspondence and other communications with users (e.g. e-mails, telephone conversations that may also be recorded where necessary).
Further purposes may arise from the given circumstances or statutory obligations, or may be necessary in the context of the collection of the respective data.
Are any data being passed on to third parties?
With the following exceptions, kastho.com does not pass on any personal data to third parties as a matter of principle:
- provision of the services offered by kastho.com;
- preparation of various types of statistics relating, for example, to the amount of interest shown by users in product and service kastho.com on or in other services provided by kastho.com;
- design and development of the range of services offered by kastho.com;
- internal training and quality control;
- maintenance and development of customer relationships (e.g. newsletter);
- controlling the display of advertisements and invoicing, relating both to third party advertisements on the kastho.com website and kastho.com advertisements on third party websites;
- guaranteeing the safety and availability of kastho.com systems and data and those of its service providers;
- corporate transactions performed by kastho.com that may affect user data (e.g. transfer of a business division to an affiliated company or third party);
- prevention, discovery and combating any misuse;
- responding to justified official enquiries or enquiries in connection with the assertion of claims or other legal disputes that concern kastho.com or which kastho.com is otherwise involved in.
Furthermore, kastho.com may disclose anonymised user data to third parties. These are data taking a form which does not allow the third parties to draw any conclusions as to the identity of the respective users or makes such conclusions unlikely.
Where and how are the data stored?
Principally, kastho.com processes all collected data in Switzerland and stores them in systems in Switzerland. Where external service providers are called in, individual user data collected by kastho.com may also be processed abroad. Transmission of user data to third parties may also involve transferring data to countries outside Switzerland, in particular in cases whereby social networks or third party services are used via the services provided by kastho.com.
In the context of storing and otherwise processing user data, kastho.com shall implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised and otherwise unwarranted processing. Such measures are subject to regular control and are amended where necessary. This also applies to the third parties charged with operating the systems.
Newsletter, commercial communication
By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree that kastho.com may send you news and expert tips on kastho.com topics in regular intervals. With your registration, we are also entitled to use your personal data and your user behaviour on our website for targeted advertising. If you register for our services, we may also inform you, as our customer, about kastho.com topics electronically. You can unsubscribe at any time at the end of every electronic message.
Questions and suggestions, requests for information, correction or deletion
kastho.com welcomes all questions, suggestions and comments (critical and otherwise) concerning the subject of personal data processing. The owner of kastho.com, Katarzyna Thomas, is available to provide further information if required. Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or Kastho Visual Design, Katarzyna Thomas, REGUS, Teichgässlein 9, 5th floor, 4058 Basel Switzerland. Where users have a user account, requests for information, correction or deletion may be submitted or can be carried out directly via this account; all other users may submit such requests by letter to the above address, including a photocopy of their passport for identification purposes.
- kastho.com may call in third parties to process personal data on behalf, and exclusively for the purposes, of kastho.com (e.g. market research institutions). kastho.com shall implement appropriate measures to ensure that such third parties process the data exclusively in the manner in which kastho.com is authorised to process them.
- kastho.com may disclose personal data to third parties if the user so requests (registrations, requests for quotations, etc.), if this is otherwise necessary to provide the service requested by the user, or if kastho.com has expressly informed the user of the fact that his/her data will be disclosed. In exceptional cases (e.g. misuse), user data may also be disclosed to third parties for the other purposes listed in this data privacy statement or for purposes provided for by law. kastho.com is not in a position to control, guarantee or vouch for the fact that such third parties comply with the data protection rules that apply to kastho.com; they process the data for their own purposes, possibly abroad where data protection laws such as in Switzerland may not exist.
error: Content is protected !!